[Courses] [Careers] Artificial intelligence researcher

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Feb 4 17:06:18 EST 2005

On Feb 3, 2005, at 8:50 AM, Sue Stones wrote:

> That sounds fantastic Terri. I have always been interested in AI, and
> in research rather than business computing.  I don't see any future
> for myself other than as a uni lecturer.  Are there jobs in AI in the
> sates?

I'm not in the US (I'm from Canada), but yes, there are AI jobs in the
states.  I was surprised by how many people from industry there were at
the evolutionary computing conferences I attended, but it speaks to the
fact that people are actually using this sort of thing in the real
world.  I didn't notice how many of those people were from the US, or
Australia, or elsewhere, but there were definitely some from the US.

  Terri