[Courses] [Careers] Artificial intelligence researcher

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Fri Feb 4 18:04:16 EST 2005

Terri Oda wrote:

> I'm not in the US (I'm from Canada), but yes, there are AI jobs in the
> states.  I was surprised by how many people from industry there were at
> the evolutionary computing conferences I attended, but it speaks to the
> fact that people are actually using this sort of thing in the real
> world.  I didn't notice how many of those people were from the US, or
> Australia, or elsewhere, but there were definitely some from the US.

My apologies, I forgot that you were from Canada, but I had previously
got the impression that you did your masters in the states. I guess that
was a misunderstanding on my part.

Thanks for the extra explanations.  I think that the information about
who your co-authour was is in the original post, just not in a way that
I could draw the connection.

By the way, how does having a co-authour for a conference paper work.  I
assume that he read over, made suggestions to improve the paper, then
you actually did the presentation.  And perhaps he was on hand to help
in answering any questions at the conference.

sue