[Courses] [C] Next C topic: Project Proposal

James jas at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 19 09:23:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Suzi Anvin wrote:

> I second Jenn's statements.  I can tell you exactly how much my self
> esteem and general wellbeing drops around such topics, and I've known
> too many people who tried fad protein diets til their hair started
> falling out or who had to pull themselves out of the abyss that is
> anorexia.  There are plenty of things we can calculate.  :)  perhaps we
> could find something computer related to track and build on the common
> interest?

A similar but much healthier and more computer-related variant might be a
tool to track the prices of PC components when building your own PC? (i.e.
motherboard, CPU, RAM etc) I've wanted a sophisticated version for a while
- as in "hang on, you've missed out the CPU fan!" or whatever - but a
simple calculator for the running total price would be a good exercise
IMO?

James.