[Courses] [C] Next C topic: Project Proposal

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Fri Jul 19 09:38:19 EST 2002

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:21:30AM +1000 or thereabouts, Jenn Vesperman wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 05:10, Conor Daly wrote:
> >
> > Might I suggest a program to calculate WeightWatchers(TM) points as a
> > suitable vehicle for learning about a number of the suggested topics? Not
> > so much an onerous system task (but vital nontheless to those of us who
> > have to watch!).
>
> I would strongly vote AGAINST it, actually. I know that I have serious
> issues with dieting, from watching my mother ruin her health trying to
> maintain an artificially-determined body weight.
>
> 'dieting'-related issues damage a lot of women in Western cultures -
> statistically, we have a very good chance of half of us having
> clinically-significant eating disorders, and another quarter having
> sub-clinical eating 'issues' like mine.
>
> Let's avoid bringing those issues up needlessly. If anyone -wants- to
> discuss eating disorders, they're welcome to on grrltalk, grrls-only or
> the IRC channels. But let's not push buttons in 'courses'. :)

Umm, me not thinking again!  I read much of the eating disorder discussions
on grrltalk so I should have thought of that.  My apologies.

OTOH, James' suggestion of a price tracking program looks like working
effectively also.

Conor
--
Conor Daly
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill, Dublin 9, Ireland

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.