[Courses] [Python] Welcome

Jeannette jcv at hise.org
Mon Jul 1 06:43:49 EST 2002

Hi!

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Sue Stones wrote:
<snip>

> ASSIGNMENT ONE! Introduce yourself on the list, tell us what programming
> experience you have, and what resource you are planning to use for the
> course.  Are you waiting for a book to arrive. Also post a quote that is
> related to why this language is called "Python"

My name is Jeannette Vollmer; I am a Software Test Engineer at LSI Logic
in Colorado Springs, CO. I currently test SCSI and FC device drivers on
Linux. I have programmed assembly, C, C++ and Ada, but none of them very
recently. I hadn't really considered Python until I heard it mentioned and
decided to grab the opportunity, so I will probably start with the on-line
resources that you mentioned in your letter.

Sorry, no quotes about Python :(