[Courses] ch 13, 1000 - formerly pointers & arrays :)

Dreaming Kat dreamingkat at ivillage.com
Wed Feb 6 00:13:54 EST 2002

yeah, 1000 is a joke (although arrays are discussed in chapter 5, and pointers in chapter 13).  In chapter 13, they do use pointers to 'walk through' arrays, but Oualline avoids the discussion we were having.  The book does not even mention topics like "what the compiler does to your code".  (I don't believe the topic is generally considered part of a begining C class - I'm guessing thats because it's compiler dependent and requires knowledge about topics like assembly language or machine architecture.)

If anyone wishes to continue this conversation, I suggest we take it off the list, cuz it really is not relavant to begining C.  (I'm game for a good argument.)

-- mary