[Courses] hello world program

Janet Vincent platypus99 at rogers.com
Fri Feb 8 14:35:12 EST 2002

Hi Everyone,

Ok I am already confused. The book says to mkdir hello then cd hello open an editor so I opened vim and type the following

#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
    printf ("Hello World\n");
    return (0);
}

that's it. then compile the code with cc -g -ohello hello.c

I did this and it doesn't work. Do you have to have a line at the top to make it work like with shell scripting? Or is that something just understood and I missed it? I am using mandrake 8.1 and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help. I hope to get this stuff soon.

Janet (-: