[Courses] Re: (long post) pointers, array's, and sizeof()

Xp0nential Xp0nential Xp0nential at root-core.com
Mon Feb 4 13:39:40 EST 2002

>OK, I just said the same thing, in two different ways.  one of the >times you said "That is what I am saying" the other time you said >."wrong wrong".

There was actually a difference between the two. The difference being your first statement was more exact then the second.
I.e If you are talking about a specific case it is exact to say the array is a pointer (of course if it does apply in that specific case).
But its not really exact to say that when you are talking in general case. Simply because the general case has exceptions(3 of them).

But as I said again thats a theoretical characteristic/discussion . Has nothing to do with being able to write C or not.

>For the most part (with one of the major exceptions being >optimization), we don't care what the compiler does to our code.  We're >writting in C, not using C to write assembly.

First we do care what the compiler does to our code.. Of course it depends on what type of code are you writing and for what purposes and what level of code are you writing.
yes we are writing in c. That definition is an ANSI C standard not an ANSI assembly standard (that is if this standard exists anyway).

by the way .
what happened to the irc server linuxchix.org I get connection refused :(.

regards,
Xp0nential