[Courses] Re: pointers, array's, and sizeof()

Dreaming Kat dreamingkat at ivillage.com
Mon Feb 4 01:54:22 EST 2002

hello people,

sorry for sending off the last email before finishing ALL my mail.  :)

> > char oldArray[ 10 ];
> > /* put stuff in oldArray */
> > char newArray[] = oldArray;
> >
> > this works exactly like you'd expect, the contents of oldArray are
> > copied into newArray.  I'll include this in my little sample program
> > tomorrow too.

oops, I messed up on that one.  thanks for clearing it up for me laurel.  :)

Julianne, that was a really valuable post (I can foresee myself searching the archives for it the next time this topic comes up in the lab... :)

and for that program I kept promising, it's way to big to post (almost completely comments though).  but I did put it up (with output) on my website at:

http://www.katskave.com/arrays.html

well, it's way past bedtime now...  :)

-- mary