[Announce] Possibility to be on TV: might be USA only, NOT actually geek related

Meredydd meredydd at everybuddy.com
Fri Aug 20 20:55:08 EST 2004

FYI, "Faking It" is a format which involves someone, usually taken from
a thoroughly "normal" walk of life, usually relatively shy, going on a
crash course in doing something more unusual, always (as far as I've
seen) very extroverted (DJ, performance chef, etc). At the end of this
course, they then demonstrate with two (one? More?) real practitioners
of whatever they've learnt, in front of a judge who attempts to
determine the faker.

It sounds like fun to me, but if you're *really* shy, and that kind of
exposure and/or seat-of-your-pants pretending would kill you, be
warned. The shyness isn't there to be celebrated, it's there to be
challenged. On the other hand, if that's your cup of tea, it could be a
blast...

Here's a link to info on the UK version of the show; the US version's
probably a little different, but the same basic idea:
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/F/fakingit/

Meredydd