[Actionchix] *Vote: Linux Chix mag "audience", "title" and "motto" - Closes Saturday Sept. 15th

Selbak, Rolla N rolla.n.selbak at intel.com
Sun Sep 9 04:41:49 UTC 2007

Thanks for your vote!

>Can we propose more than one name/motto? How do you plan to weed them
>out into a list that can be voted on, or would the new approver team
>do the choosing?

Of course, you can propose what you like.  The approver team is just for
things to do with the content and layout of each publication.  The name
and motto should be something we all decide on I think.

I was hoping to get ideas from all, then categorize them (for instance,
I received a few emails with a simliar motto of "by Chix, for all" sort
of theme).  Then I would take the top few and people would vote on them.

>Regarding things to consider:
>
>Yes, I vote for using the LinuxChix trademark, but it doesn't need to
>be prominent.
>We probably don't need anything gender-specific in the big print, but
>in smaller print and always on the front page we should try to say
>something positive and encouraging for women in technology. I imagine
>we want to be most welcoming to newbie women.
>
>I also don't grok the Sugar/Shugar reference. Sorry!

No real reason, just thought of something wacky that was short, had the
word Free in it, and people wouldn't forget.  Originally I thought of
Free Bird or Open Bird (referencing Chix as a baby bird as well), but I
started to hate it after 2 times of repeating it out loud, I preferred
saying Free Sugar, hehe....anyway, that's why the voting is open to all
so we can get everyone's ideas...

rs