[Actionchix] *Vote: Linux Chix mag "audience", "title" and "motto" - Closes Saturday Sept. 15th

Julie Bovee Hill joulie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 00:55:38 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Selbak, Rolla N wrote:

<BIG snip>

> [ My personal vote: 1(A,D) 2(A) 3("Free Sugar" or "Free Shugar", "By
> Chix, for all", and then add somewhere "A Linux Chix (tm) publication"
> ].

What fun!

My vote:
1: B and D
2. A and B
3. I was thinking of a 2-liner (2nd line with less emphasis),
something like this:
Life in the Free Zone
your resource for syncing with Linux and the FOSS community

Can we propose more than one name/motto? How do you plan to weed them
out into a list that can be voted on, or would the new approver team
do the choosing?

Regarding things to consider:

Yes, I vote for using the LinuxChix trademark, but it doesn't need to
be prominent.
We probably don't need anything gender-specific in the big print, but
in smaller print and always on the front page we should try to say
something positive and encouraging for women in technology. I imagine
we want to be most welcoming to newbie women.

I also don't grok the Sugar/Shugar reference. Sorry!

Julie