[Actionchix] *VOTE - ChixBits format? Web, pdf, etc. - closes Friday Oct. 12th

turtle dreaded.night.turtle at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 18:28:32 UTC 2007

> 1) Publication Timeline: (choose one)
>
> A. Weekly
> B. Monthly
> C. Quarterly

I think monthly is a good goal, but in order to ensure quality publications
we might want to start with quarterly and then move up to monthly once we
have everything nailed down.  I would hate to put out a shoddy half-baked
publication that isn't as professional as it could be due to the deadline.
I'm fine with monthly in the long run, but we should plan for madness,
disaster and random chaos and give ourselves lots of time to deal with
them.

> 2) Publication Format: (choose all that apply)
>
> A. Web (through magazine.linuxchix.org)
> B. Web (through another ChixBits specific domain, e.g. www.chixbits.com,
> etc.)
> C. PDF
> D. Printed (as a regular way of publishing)
> E. Printed (only at events or certain occasions)
> F. Other (please specify)

For now, B and C.
I think we should work our way to E and then when we have enough of a
customer base, start getting enough advertising to cover the printing costs
of D.  Once we can show we have X regular readers, we can then sell ad space
to people who want to reach that many people.  With sufficient advertising,
we can keep the print publication low-cost and/or free.

~Daria