[Actionchix] Plone is installed

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Sep 5 08:04:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006, Jen-Mei Wu wrote:
> Plone 2.5 is installed on the production server:
>
> http://www.linuxchix.org:8001/LinuxChix

Hooray! Thanks for this. I can't actually comment much until Sunday
because I'm away from home and on dialup, but will have a look then.

> * Permissions. I didn't change permissions on the site, so people can
> view pages anonymously. I did add a robots.txt file, though, so search
> engines (if they behave) shouldn't index this site. I can't think of an
> easy way to do this. If there's a way to use http auth in apache for
> proxied pages, that would work, but I've never tried this.  Changing
> permissions in Zope would be unwieldy.

I'd like to lock it down with http auth so that it's totally clear to
everyone which site is official, and so that test.linuxchix.org won't
attract links until it switches over.

> * Apache. I didn't want to muck with the Apache config before finding
> out what people want ... do you want the site to appear on
> test.linuxchix.org? Or would you like it on a different IP but still
> answerable to www.linuxchix.org (requiring people to edit a host file or
> local DNS to see the new site at the new IP)? Or something entirely
> different?

I think http://test.linuxchix.org/ via virtual hosting would suit.

-Mary