[Actionchix] Moving to Plone

Val Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Thu May 18 14:20:20 EST 2006

On 5/17/06, jennyw <jennyw at dangerousideas.com> wrote:

> The more we've looked at the original documents, the more it's looking
> like the moving of content into Plone will be a manual process, maybe
> assisted by automation where it makes sense (but that's looking less an
> less likely).

I have a suggestion: ruthless cutting of dead or out-of-date content.
Perhaps we can do things this way: Import content by hand into the new
site as needed.  If someone wants something from the old site badly
enough, they'll do the work to convert it.  If no one wants to convert
it, it probably isn't worth keeping.

Another suggestion is, rather than creating an explicit style guide,
import a few pages of content in a consistent style.  This should
provide enough examples that the style will be easy to copy.

-VAL