[Actionchix] Intro, and questions.

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed May 17 18:58:36 EST 2006

On 17/05/2006, at 7:01 AM, Leslie Vincent wrote:

> My name is Leslie, and I just discovered LinuxChix and I'm thrilled
> about it! I'm an oldtimer

Leslie, great to meet another like you! I started out in 1976, punch-
card queues as you would remember. Always preferred Pascal to
Fortran, though. ;)

I've also taught computing to adults and young adults in our version
of a community college, so I do understand where you're coming from,
and I applaud your attitude and teaching approach.

Wish I could look over your outline, but I'm too sick now to be of
any use there. However, your approach is sound: getting them to do
things, talk about them, question them and demonstrate what they do
understand is always the best way if you have enough teacher time per
student.

It would also be good if you could use as much free software as
possible in your course, e.g. using OpenOffice instead of M$ for your
own docs. Leading by example. ;)

Enjoy.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)