[Actionchix] Re: Need volunteers to help redesign and move

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Mon Mar 13 15:06:20 EST 2006

On 13/03/2006, at 9:13 AM, Gloria Willadsen wrote:

> Hi everyone. I am Gloria I am a lurker here, and would love to help.

Welcome, Gloria! Congratulations on delurking. :)

> My best skills are back-end scripting and programming, data
> conversion from one tool/format to another.
> I enjoy working on quirky problems involving some special filter or
> weird operation to be written.
>
> But hey, Ill help with anything non-graphics oriented. I am no
> artist, and I draw like a third grader.
> My nine year old son can draw better than I can. I also have
> trouble with color coordination, not because I am colorblind,
> but I seem to lack the skill. So anything involving look-and-feel
> probably should not be in my hands.

I'm the same. I can tell what works for me, but that's about it.
Beats me how I managed to produce two graphics-mad daughters. :S

I think my lack of skill might date back to a high school art class
when the teacher said, "Go, and don't bother coming back. You have
absolutely no talent." It's encouragement like that, that makes us
what we are. ;)

> My strong languages right now are Python, KID, SQLObject, Psycopg,
> Perl, PHP.

Multilingual is beautiful. :)

I'm sure your contribution will be valuable. Noting Mary's reminder,
though, we'd better hang on to our ideas until the main discussion
starts.

It's really encouraging to see so many people coming forward about
this. :))

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)