[Actionchix] Plone installation

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Sun Aug 20 04:07:38 UTC 2006

Gloria -- can you send me your number again? I had your contact info on
the server that crashed and haven't had time to resuscitate it yet.

The update is that I got access to the server from Dancer. I logged in
and took a look at the configs. I also chatted with a Debian developer
who's a Plone user who suggested an installation plan that was different
than what I originally wanted to do, so I setup a machine with Debian
and Zope 2.6 (which we're using) to see if I could get a later Zope plus
Plone to coexist happily using Debian packages.  This involved getting
stuff from sid, and I've never really felt comfortable mixing sid
packages with stable or testing.  So I chatted with some other people
and my original plan to install from source sounded like a better
solution.  By the time that happened, I got swamped by a lot of other
things, but sometime in the next couple of days I hope to have tested
the source install and coexistence with Zope 2.6 on my test box before
trying this on production.