[Actionchix] Update on Plone install

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Mon Aug 7 05:07:13 UTC 2006

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006, jennyw wrote:
> Mary -- if we're going to launch in a couple weeks, what skin should we
> use? I assume we don't want the default Plone skin. The current
> LinuxChix skin could be adapted, but if we're going to go to the effort,
> we could also take one of the designs that have been submitted.

Why do you assume we don't want the default Plone skin? That was what I
was intending to go with for the few weeks of conversion, when I assume
the Plone site will be behind HTTP basic access or something anyway. (I
really want it to be, anyway.)

In a week or so, I'll post about the design competition again. It seems
we're probably about out of puff there, so I probably will choose one
from that. But if it isn't ready for the launch I don't see a problem
with having the default for a week or two while a custom skin is
prepared.

-Mary