[Techtalk] accessing stuff over openvpn

Sarah Newman newmans at sonic.net
Thu Oct 17 00:13:49 UTC 2013

I haven't used openvpn in a while but it should be possible... IIRC setting openvpn as the default
gateway is optional. I could be mistaken but it looks like if the "redirect-gateway" openvpn option
is not specified, the existing default gateway should be left in place.

Is the server also on openvpn? If so I'm pretty sure it should Just Work if the default gateway is
left as your wireless network.

If the server is not on openvpn, does it have a static IP?  If so, then the "route" openvpn option
is probably what you want to use.

If you are still stuck, the output of route and the options being used with openvpn would be useful.