[Techtalk] Asus EeePC 4G problem

Stephanie Maks steph at maksystems.com
Wed Jul 2 16:44:29 UTC 2008

Did you put the new kernel and the updated menu.lst in the
'protected' partition or did you do all this while normally booted?

You need to boot to the 'rescue console' and make sure you have put
the new kernel and the updated menu.lst in /dev/sda1, otherwise they
are not visible at boot time - the user partition /dev/sda2 is not
loaded until after the grub has booted the kernel and loaded the init
ram disk.

-Stephanie