[Techtalk] perl error: object version does not match bootstrap parameter

k. clair k at klerp.net
Sun May 4 21:39:53 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm encountering and error with a perl installation (perl-5.6.1 rpm for
redhat 7.3) for which I cannot find the cause. The error is:

Fcntl object version 1.03 does not match bootstrap parameter 1.00 at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 225.

(and)

Data::Dumper object version 2.102 does not match $Data::Dumper::VERSION
2.09 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 225.

From what documentation I've found online of similar problems, it
seems like the most likely cause would be that perl is using modules
from a different perl installation located on the same computer.
On this computer, there was another version of perl installed (5.005),
but even after removing the files assocated with that installation and
reinstalling 5.6.1, the error still occurs.

If anyone has any ideas about what the cause of these errors might be,
that would be extremely helpful!

thanks,
kristina

### my gpg key can be found here:
http://www.klerp.net/gpgkey
lynx --dump --source http://www.klerp.net/gpgkey | gpg import
Key fingerprint = 6B2F AB26 A8A9 DE4D 91FD  8E93 7A6B 387A 2795 714B