[Techtalk] perl error: object version does not match bootstrap parameter

Mandi mandi at linuxchick.org
Sun May 4 23:16:45 EST 2003

> From what documentation I've found online of similar problems, it
> seems like the most likely cause would be that perl is using modules
> from a different perl installation located on the same computer.
> On this computer, there was another version of perl installed (5.005),
> but even after removing the files assocated with that installation and
> reinstalling 5.6.1, the error still occurs.

You probably need to completely delete the /usr/lib/perl5 directory tree
to get rid of all the perl files, then reinstall the perl rpm from the
distribution.  Have the rpm ready; you never know what isn't going to work
right without perl around.  :)

Did you need 5.005 for something specific that it was installed?  Red Hat
did 5.00503 for 6.2, everything since then has been 5.6+.

HTH

--mandi