[Techtalk] can't view java applets in Mozilla

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at openminddev.net
Tue Dec 23 12:28:55 EST 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 10:50, Berenice Chong wrote:
> I've installed Java2 SDK 1.4.2 and my browser is Mozilla 1.4.  I used
>
> this command to install the plugin:
> > ln -s
>
> /opt/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> .
>
> Mozilla confirms it has been installed but I still can't view java
> applets in the browser. All I can see is the java coffee cup icon
> where the applet is meant to appear. I've checked that java is
> enabled in the browser preferences.  Can anyone tell me what's gone
> wrong?

Have you completely exited Mozilla and restarted it?  (Perhaps log out of your
desktop to be sure.)

Also, you ran the above ln command in /opt/mozilla/plugins right, or you local
plugin directory?

Otherwise, looks okay (ie, that is what my system has).

See http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html and
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/java.html for more info.

Cheers,

Rasjid.