[Techtalk] can't view java applets in Mozilla

Berenice Chong showercurtain2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 16:50:04 EST 2003

I've installed Java2 SDK 1.4.2 and my browser is Mozilla 1.4.  I used
this command to install the plugin:

> ln -s
/opt/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so
.

Mozilla confirms it has been installed but I still can't view java
applets in the browser. All I can see is the java coffee cup icon
where the applet is meant to appear. I've checked that java is
enabled in the browser preferences.  Can anyone tell me what's gone
wrong?

thanks
Berenice