[Techtalk] KDE 3 help

mc mcgonzalez at att.net
Thu Sep 19 20:02:08 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 22:30, Poppy wrote:
> I'm running Mandrake 8.1.... I'm sure there is a quick and easy way to
> switch to gnome... I started out by booting to shell and starting X
> manually with gdm, them just uninstalled KDE 'cuz it was annoying me by
> always trying to take over.  I got rid of windows for a reason ;)
>
> Strting into shell... I'm sure someone can get you the text way to do it
> if you don't know already, but it's also in the mandrake control center.
>
> --poppy

Thanks!  Actually, she got it going all by herself by resetting the box
to factory default (they have a little wizrd you go through when it
first boots up) and going through the prompts.  I am very jazzed because
she did this all on her own and called me this morning to tell me she
was in Gnome!

--
mc
I haven't lost my mind,