[Techtalk] Getting rid of Aurora

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Fri May 10 18:11:27 EST 2002

tab:
> > I know someone who participates a great deal in Mandrake forums.  I'm going
> > to send him an email and see if he can tell me something about this.
> >
> > I'll do my best to get you a fast answer, but of course that depends on how
> > fast he replies!
> >
> > Hopefully someone will figure it out in the meantime.

Already done. Just load the kernel without the quiet directive and aurora
goes away (for me, at least). Extracting all the crap from the init
scripts would be a little more time consuming, but mostly pointless. I
would feel better if it were just gone, deleted, vapor ... but oh well.
	I think it soon will be anyway. I like to load up Mandrake to take
a look at it, but it's so crufty I don't find it useful for anything. I
think I've already got a better use for that partition...