[Techtalk] Getting rid of Aurora

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Fri May 10 20:31:22 EST 2002

Dave,

Agree on the Mandrake fluff... I am lucky in that 8.1 has been extremely
stable, and I have been able to use all my authoring tools, ssh for all my
project work, my xdmcp, my Winblows printers, database stuff, all of it
stable.

I wonder why Mandrake took the opt-out for Aurora on 8.2... that is pretty
weird.

While I sit here complimenting Mandrake, my boyfriend is stuck reinstalling
RH 7.2 because of issues with Apache and the latest version of php, since his
install of the latest php blew chunks.  I know that RH is the sys admin's
dream distro and everything (or so the experts claim) but I'm pretty happy.
If all Mandrake's subsequent distros were awful it wouldn't matter, 8.1 is
safe and sound on cd... hehehe

One of these days I'll have to get friendlier with RH I suppose, but not on
my dev machine! hehehe

Tabatha