[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Mon Apr 16 08:16:44 UTC 2007

Sheryl wrote:
> Erinn Clark wrote:
>> Just yesterday my sysadmin and I were talking and he kept, well,
>> glancing at my boobs. So I finally said:
>>
>> "If you don't stop looking at my chest, I am going to break your neck."
>
> LOL.  I used to use "If you do X, I'm gonna to have to hurt you" as the
> occasional general not-too-serious threat (it's a common expression where
> I come from).  On one occasion a young male coworker retorted, "OK hurt
> me.  I dare you." or something to that effect.  First thing I could come
> up with quickly was something like, "You have big ears and your momma
> dresses you funny."

That was great. I use to be able to come up with stuff like that off the
cuff, but my wit seems dimmer than it use to be...

He looked a little surprised, and stalked off.  A
> female coworker about my age said, "Be careful saying that kind of thing
> around [his name], he's into that sort of thing." (meaning S&M).
>
> I didn't ask how she knew.

Giving her the benefit (I guess depending on your perspective it may not
be a benefit! ;-)) of the doubt, it could be just the same way you found
out...

Hmmm, hope that didn't come out to cryptic.

cheers,
maria