[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Sheryl gubydala at his.com
Mon Apr 16 03:02:30 UTC 2007

Erinn Clark wrote:

> Just yesterday my sysadmin and I were talking and he kept, well,
> glancing at my boobs. So I finally said:
>
> "If you don't stop looking at my chest, I am going to break your neck."

LOL.  I used to use "If you do X, I'm gonna to have to hurt you" as the
occasional general not-too-serious threat (it's a common expression where
I come from).  On one occasion a young male coworker retorted, "OK hurt
me.  I dare you." or something to that effect.  First thing I could come
up with quickly was something like, "You have big ears and your momma
dresses you funny."   He looked a little surprised, and stalked off.  A
female coworker about my age said, "Be careful saying that kind of thing
around [his name], he's into that sort of thing." (meaning S&M).

I didn't ask how she knew.

Sheryl