[Courses][gimp] Lesson 10: Stitching Panoramic Images

Julie Sloan juliesloan at mindspring.com
Mon May 9 06:08:49 EST 2005

On Saturday 07 May 2005 01:10 am, Patricia Peck wrote:
> Just checking in here with my experience with Lesson 10.  I did the
> whole thing, step by step (with one exception, see below), and I was
> surprised that it wasn't difficult.  I had put it off because first, I
> didn't have a good panoramic subject, second, I didn't shoot what I did
> have all that well, and third, it looked hard.  But it wasn't, only I
> screwed up, so I don't have anything I want to post as yet.
>
> Akkana clearly said to zoom in quite a bit for detail, but I sorta
> skipped that part and worked with the normal 100% size.  Wrongo!  I got
> it all done (only 3 images) and thought, gee, that was pretty easy and
> it looks good, but then, just for the heck of it, I enlarged it, and it
> didn't look so good any more.  So I'm going to do it again for the
> practice before I post anything.
>
> Just a word to the wise...  :-)

I have been putting it off too.  I'm thinking about doing it a bit
differently - for about a week I took pictures of a tree in my yard as it
leafed out.  Hopefully all these pictures will line up on top of each
other.  I'm not sure what I want to do with it once I have them stacked up
though, maybe go from side to side,  or maybe in increments from the middle
out, or some other way.  I've been putting it off because the thought of
lining all those layers up is really intimidating me.  Plus the pictures I
didn't get on disk I still have to scan (I used my 35mm instead of the
digital) and in order to use my scanner I have to pop over into that other
0$.  Excuses, excuses.

Julie

--

<)\