[Techtalk] Postfix Virtual Domain Configuration Driving Me Nuts

Meryll Larkin mll at alwanza.com
Sun Apr 3 22:42:06 UTC 2022

Hi Kagan,

I am not a Postfix expert, but I do know Sendmail.  I have one suggestion that may or may not help/fix the situation.  I am just trying to be helpful, but I may not have the expertise you need.....

If it were me, I would let /etc/aliases do more of the heavy lifting.  All the other config files, just use them to make sure you are receiving email from ALL the domains you need to receive email from.  Use /etc/aliases for the delivery rules.  Remember to run "newaliases" after reconfiguring /etc/aliases.

Look at the /etc/aliases documentation.  You can use wildcards in there.

If you have already tried this and it does not work, I apologize.

Meryll Larkin