[Techtalk] seeking backup solution recommendations

Maria Sund maria at tietonoita.fi
Wed Feb 10 12:01:40 UTC 2021

Rudy Zijlstra kirjoitti 10.2.2021 klo 13.07:
> Hi Meryll,
>
> Have you looked at rdiff-backup? Do not know if it will work in your
> setup though, as it is not the fastest. It is cli based though and
> make differential backups
>
> Cheers
>
> Rudy
Rsnapshot is one solution that might work also. Rsnapshot makes it easy
to make periodic snapshots of local machines, and remote machines over
ssh. The code makes extensive use of hard links whenever possible, to
greatly reduce the disk space required. There are no tapes to change, so
once it’s set up, your backups can happen automatically untouched by
human hands. And because rsnapshot only keeps a fixed, but configurable
number of snapshots, the amount of disk space used will not continuously
grow.

I have no experience about tapes, so I have no idea if this is too slow
solution.

https://rsnapshot.org/

@@ Maria