[Techtalk] recommendations for distros wanted

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Sat Mar 23 11:48:55 UTC 2019

Turns out the Ubuntu folks had indeed fixed the worst bug. There is
another small bug remaining, but I know how to fix that myself. Thank
you A. Mani. I'm very grateful.

(I should note that I was slightly wrong about copying just the AppDir
over. This version also includes a file and link in /usr/bin/)

If anybody has any knowledge of distros that recognise .DirIcon files
and AppDirs I'm still interested in that. Perhaps I should rather have
asked what other window managers or file managers recognise and utilise
those files.

Cheers,

     - Miriam

--
The only person that you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
  -- Ain Eineziz