[Techtalk] Network printer

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 20:33:46 UTC 2016

Thanks for the response.  In fact, I made yet another attempt to find
something useful via Google - this time I must have found the right
combination of search terms!  Because I came across
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/77073/how-can-i-set-up-a-usb-printer-as-a-network-printer-using-a-linux-server
and then
http://askubuntu.com/questions/132413/printer-not-visible-over-network-between-12-04-machines-printer-properties-repo
which solved the problem nicely.