[Techtalk] Unreadable(?) pdf files

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 19:09:36 UTC 2016

To conclude the tale, my brother amazingly was able to read all of my
floppy discs and Dropbox the results to me.

All of the eps files appear to be OK.  Considering that the floppy discs
have not been used for perhaps 15 years, I am surprised that the result
was so successful.

Unfortunately not all of the items have an eps version, but do have
a .cdr file.  However I have had no success with these.  sk1 and
uniconvertor simply make my computer grind almost to a halt whilst
dealing (unsuccessfuly) with these files.  I tried a zamzar conversion,
but the file I got from that had weird graphics on the pages which bore
no resemblace to the musical notation that should have been there.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

David

David Sumbler <david at aeolia.co.uk>