[Techtalk] Opinions/Experiences Needed: Mailing list bouncing problem

Terry tech at futurecourse.com
Thu Jan 28 01:23:51 UTC 2016

Hi Leslie,

On 26/01/2016 15:41, Leslie MacDougall wrote:
> Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my question but I can't
> log in to linuxchix anymore. I have lost my password and can't even reset
> it as my email address is not being recognized. I'm wondering if this is
> something to do with the bouncing problem in this email thread, which I
> followed through my inbox here and, as best I could, followed the advice
> and instructions given.

If you mean the logging in to the actual website, www.linuxchix.org,
every login but the ones for the administrators has been turned off.
There's no real value in having a login as the only content that's not
accessible to the general public is the stuff for admins.

If you mean the mailman pages for the mailing lists, on each list you
subscribe to, there's a separate page for logging in.  If you've
forgotten your password for one or more of the mailing lists, you can go to:

Click on one of the lists you're subscribed to and at the bottom of the
page you're taken to you'll find this:

To unsubscribe from "<List Name">, get a password reminder, or change
your subscription options enter your subscription email address:

Enter your e-mail and press the button. You'll be taken to another page
where there's yet another button to get sent a password reminder.

If you're subscribed to more than one list, once you get the password
for one list and are able to log in, you can do a global password change
to change all your list subscriptions to the same password.

> I still get all questions from the mailing lists to which I subscribed, so
> I am very confused about it says I'm not recognized. I want to post a
> slightly technical question and cannot do so. Can somebody please help me?

I'm a little confused.  What exactly is saying you're not recognized?

I show your email address as subscribed to announce, grrltalk, newchix
and techtalk.  You should be able to post a question to techtalk just by
sending an email to techtalk at linuxchix.org.  There is no interface on
www.linuxchix.org for posting questions.

If you can give me some more information, I'm happy to try to help you.

> Thank-you for  your kind and helpful attitudes to everything here, you all
> do a great job.
> Regards from Leslie

You're welcome.

--