[Techtalk] incrontab

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Wed Nov 4 23:00:51 UTC 2015

Hi Meryll,

This sounded interesting so I looked on the net to see what I could
find. The website seems to have changed its name a couple of times a few
years ago and then disappeared. It may be somewhere else on the net, but
I found a copy of the original site on the Internet Archive at:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130602173705/http://inotify.aiken.cz/?section=inotify&page=about&lang=en

The software now seems to exist solely on github at:
https://github.com/ar-/incron

Googling for "inotify cron system" or "incron" found some pages, but not
a lot.

One thing you might be interested in is "watcher" another program that
is similar in aim, but with the added ability to recursively watch
directories. It uses python and its setup file does take comments.
http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2011-01/07-watcher_a_recursive_incron_alternative

The writer of that article, Andreas Gohr, forked watcher to remove
dependency on YAML and simplify it.

original watcher by Greggory Hernandez:
https://github.com/gregghz/Watcher

fork by Andreas Gohr