[Techtalk] Detection of mouse-clicks and/or keypresses in Python

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 10:48:23 UTC 2015

I want to write a simple program in Python 3, for my own use, which will
detect mouse-clicks (or possibly key-presses from the keyboard) and
record the exact time of each event.

In principle this should be easy enough, except that I do not know how
to detect the events themselves.

The only information I need to collect is the time of the event: for
this particular program I am not interested in recording which button or
key is pressed.

I have searched on the internet, but I can't seem to find what I want.
What would be the simplest way to detect these events using Python?

David