[Techtalk] Opinions/Experiences Needed: Mailing list bouncing problem

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Aug 3 00:55:15 UTC 2015

First, thank you Terry and any other members who deal with our email
and mailing lists. A decade ago I made it one of my life goals never
to have to run a mail server - and that was before it was as
complicated as this. Thank you so much for taking it on.

Personally I think option 1 seems the most reasonable.

> - Rewrite the From: header with the poster's name 'via the list' and the
> list's address and merge the poster's address into Reply-To:

I understand wanting to be RFC compliant but this solution seems to be
the most consistent and gives very usable results.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu