[Techtalk] website link checking that does orphans?

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Mon Apr 13 06:44:27 UTC 2015

Interesting problem. I checked back on my notes about linklint. I
remember it worked quite differently to how I expected and I really
struggled with it. In my notes I wrote to myself that it was
"ridiculously difficult to program".

To check a local tree of files I recommended this to myself:

cd to root of directory structure to be checked

linklint -error -xref -warn /@

This will print a list of files and dirs checked and referenced errors.

To check a remote tree of files my notes suggest:

linklint -error -xref -warn -host miriam-english.org /kari/@ -http

checks the tree structure on my site starting at
http://miriam-english.org/kari/
(That directory was the one I was working on at the time.)

I hope my confusion and frustration will benefit you. :)

Best wishes,

	- Miriam