[Techtalk] C programming study group

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 00:07:01 UTC 2014

Camilla asks:
> *What study resources is everyone using?*
> I don't know of any decent online materials for studying C (apart from
> LinuxChix courses) so I am following Kernighan and Ritchie's book.

I recommend van der Linden's _Deep C Secrets_ and Reese's
_Understanding and Using C Pointers_:

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920028000.do

The latter is available as an e-book.   The former, like K&R, contains
exercises that a group might profitably work together, along with
solutions.    I have worked many of these exercises myself and would
be happy to discuss them.

K&R is also available as a PDF somewhere.

-- Alison

--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)             {she-devel.com, exerciseforthereader.org}