[Techtalk] Suggestions for new Chrome user

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Oct 10 11:59:42 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 09:52 PM, Peggy Russell wrote:
> It seems popular today to remove the status bar and menu (I think the
> shortcut keys remain though) in IDE's. I'm all for minimalistic, but I
> usually get rid of everything else and keep those items, so there is
> something small on the top, bottom, and on the left.

My primary version is what is known as "Nightly". It's like the bleeding
edge version of Firefox and pretty much updates about every day.
Secondary use is the standard release version.  It is possible to return
Firefox to it's original look. The problem is I don't rememeber how I
did it. I remember it took me a while, and several "right click menus"
to find the right place to change it. I'm sure if I could give you
direct positive directions it would be a lot shorter than the way I
found it. It seems like it was a right click in the top of the window
and choose the panels you want and I UN-checked the "Tabs on Top" [or
something like that]. The result was that everything is back where I
think it belongs and works the way it always has.

--

A cat is a puzzle with no solution.

Cats are tiny little women in fur coats.

When you get all full of yourself try giving orders to a cat.