[Techtalk] drush sql-sync fails with 'Drush command terminated abnormally due to an unrecoverable error'

Terry tech at futurecourse.com
Tue Jul 16 00:09:21 UTC 2013

On 15/07/2013 15:25, Carla Schroder wrote:
> Techtalkers, you're my last hope because drupal.org, as usual, is
> populated by users with questions but not answers. I swear Drupal was
> put on this Earth as a test for the faithful, and I can see I'm not
> going to make it into the promised land.

LOL  I almost spit out my drink.  I've given up on the promised land.

Not sure if you've seen this: https://drupal.org/node/1140842

 From about comment 7 on, it may be pertinent. Seems like there's two
causes, the one discussed in comment 19 or drupal_goto (or some other
redirect) at hook_boot or hook_init in a custom module and some of the
non-core modules seem to cause this.  See this issue.
https://drupal.org/node/1230132

I also found some other posts attributing this to a corrupted table and
magic_quotes being on.

If that doesn't help, this is from the Drush website.

"Support is available in the Drush issue queue; you might also want to
search through the Drush questions on Drupal Stack Exchange."

I searched through Drush's issue queue using "command terminated
abnormally due to an unrecoverable error" and there are some issues
there, though most don't seem to be related directly to sql-sync.

Quite a few entries at StackExchange as well although none directly
related to sql-sync.

http://drupal.stackexchange.com/search?q=[drush]command+terminated+abnormally+due+to+an+unrecoverable+error

<snipped>

> Mysql logs show nothing, and there are no drush logs. Help help help!
>
> thanks,
> Carla

Hope it helps.

--