[Techtalk] Accessing a web page on my server - update 3

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed Feb 6 18:57:15 UTC 2013

Looking over your suggestions and reading

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-set-up-apache-virtual-hosts-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts

I've come up with this to enable the second site:

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

     ServerName cslsa
     <Directory />
         Options FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride None
     </Directory>
     <Directory /home/billie0w/public/cslsa/>
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         allow from all
     </Directory>

     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
     <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>

     ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

     # alert, emerg.
     LogLevel warn

     CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

     Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
     <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
         Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride None
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
         Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
     </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I'm wanting this site open as 192.168.1125/~cslsa/ from a local computer.

Right now the server isn't connected to act as a web server right now.
Trying to learn more before I make that final step.

--

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
-Albert Einstein