[Techtalk] offsite backup for home users

Alison Chaiken alchaiken at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:53:13 UTC 2012

Veronica K. B. Olsen <jadzia626 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I keep no sensitive data on Dropbox.

Dropbox suddenly asked me for root credentials once.   I stopped my
work and nuked it on all my machines.

> I also use git for a lot of other things.

Me too, but it doesn't work well for LibreOffice presentations and the
like.   There's nothing so much as "<<<HEAD .... >>>>" merge markers
in your binaries!

> For my private files, documents and pictures, I use SpiderOak.

Sounds like SpiderOak is a choice I should consider.     How much are
you paying?    Do you push to SpiderOak by hand, or via a script?

Thanks again,
Alison
--
Alison Chaiken
(650) 279-5600  (cell)                       {she-devel.com,