[Techtalk] Mistakes as a learning tool (was: Sound card gone missing - OSS/ALSA woes)

Kathryn Marks kathryn.linux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 09:35:35 UTC 2012

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has rendered a machine
unbootable.  I think I was screwing around with SE Linux because it
was being a PITA.  Thank goodness I had a mentor and a spare laptop
with a working OS.

Speaking of mentors, how many of us had/have one?  Mine has now got me
working on a Fortran (why does that sound so big and bad) course of
his.  I've failed at the python course here, laughed at the thought of
me doing the C course and got nowhere with javascript on my own. Best
I can do is abuse bash for small things.

--
~Kathryn