[Techtalk] emails in MH format to Maildir format?

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Sun Feb 26 11:30:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

In the process of creating and using a .procmailrc file I omitted to put
the trailing slash after the folder name. Thus I found incoming mail now
saved in MH format.

I am looking at "I left off a trailing '/' in my .procmailrc, and procmail
delivered many emails to a Maildir folder in MH format. How do I fix this?"
which I found in the mutt faq

http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttFaq/Folder

I went through the process but I find that the wording in the last para
is not clear. Am I correct in that having the MH emails in a proper MH
folder will allow me to move them using mutt into a maildir folder, and
at that stage they will be automagically saved in the maildir format?

I have not yet made that step.

Also any comment on that command line recipe, I did not have success
with that and modified it to convert the files one at a time (not too
many thankfully).

best regards
Anne