[Techtalk] bouncing e-mails

Rudy Zijlstra rudy at grumpydevil.homelinux.org
Sun Sep 18 21:34:31 UTC 2011

Hi Michelle,

/list moderator hat on

I can fully understand frustration on receiving a lot of spam. I think
we all share that frustration. Still, there is no reason nor excuse to
take that out on Alvin.

1/ Alvin is not sending you the spam, no matter he is using compuserve
2/ more important, linuxchix basic rule: be polite, be helpfull.
3/ the message you responded to was a clear reaction to Carla her
request. No matter it was not threaded. It was certainly not "from the wild"

I do not care how you react outside of LinuxChix. Wihtin linuxChix
though, i have strong feelings for things to remain polite, and helpful.
It is what makes LinuxChix such a nice place to be.

Carla suggested an apology, as you lashed out to an innocent, and were
neither helpfull, nor polite.

As list moderator, i have limited options. Thus i am waiting for a
positive response from you, hoping i do not have to block you from the list

/end moderator hat

Cheers,

Rudy