[Techtalk] Rhythmbox and Banshee issues (Ubuntu Natty Narwahl)

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 08:53:38 UTC 2011

gnomad2 should compile from source. This user has a version in his
PPA, no guarantees about quality etc:
https://launchpad.net/~kamalmostafa/+archive/gnomad2

regards,
Wim

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Deborah Gronke Bennett
<degb at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> At your suggestion, I installed gpodder and set it up. I like it better than
> Banshee (more directed to my purpose). Unfortunately, it has the same
> problem as banshee - it does not recognize my MP3 player. Right now I am
> letting gpodder catch and download my podcasts. I am still looking for a way
> to transfer them to the Creative Zen.
>
> Tonight I went looking for a new version of gnomad2, which is what I used on
> Hardy Heron. After wading through a lot of webpages and discussion forums,
> it appears that gnomad2 disappeared from Ubuntu because of some cutoff date
> in the Debian development tree. Sigh. Still looking.
>
> -deborah
>
> On 08/31/2011 10:24 AM, Amy wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Deborah Gronke Bennett<
>> deborah at deborah.best.vwh.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> I have been using a Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibix) laptop as my primary
>>> machine for a couple of years now. The machine is getting old, and I need
>>> migrate to a new machine. I have installed a new laptop with Ubuntu 11.04
>>> (Natty Narwahl).
>>>
>>> On my old machine, I used Rhythmbox as a podcatcher, and I used gnomad2
>>> transfer the podcasts to my Creative Zen MP3 player.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get something like this to work on my new laptop. I
>>> installed
>>> Rhythmbox (0.13.3). However, I cannot add any of my podcast feeds to this
>>> version. (I've searched a bunch of webpages and bug reports, and there is